Friday, August 24, 2012

Happiness or Parent Approval?



So I have a problem.... I am scared shitless about starting college. Its a completely new world that I will step into in three days and I have been thinking. Is college even right for me? I don't know if this is just the nerves speaking or what but it is an honest question. Now I know that some of you are thinking that its stupid that I am actually questioning this but look at all the great people that dropped out or didn't go to college.

For instance:


  • Steve Jobs
  • Bill Gates
  • Mark Zuckerburg
  • Rachel Ray (even though I can't stand her)
  • Henry Ford
  • Walt Disney
  • Larry Page (founder of Google)
  • And lots of other people

Now I'm not saying that college isn't important but is entering a 4-year institution completely necessary when you just get out of high school? I mean if you know what you want to do for the rest of your life... fine. But if you are like me and you have no clue, I found that you do have options. There is always the trade schools. And usually what they teach..... the is always a job market for it. Than there is plain ole' community college. From what I have witnessed with the experiences of my older sister. You can go for two years and get an associates degree and go to work or go back to a bigger university and get your bachelors. There is nothing wrong with community college. It will give you time to decide what you want to do and it will save you a little money in the meantime. A degree is a degree isn't it?!

So now that I realized that I have options. Can I hang on for 4 months? I mean I am already stressed out... will this extra stress make me want to kill myself? I don't know

No comments:

Post a Comment